Monday, February 1, 2016

It's BIG Anouncement Day!!

OK! I have known about this for like 2 or 3 weeks now and I've been bursting to tell you all about and I'm so excited I finally can! I have been accepted onto my first design team!!!! I am so excited and it's for a sketch challenge which is even more exciting because sketch challenges are my absolute favorite!! It's a weekly challenge and I'm team B so it's not my week but I thought I'd play along this week just to celebrate my first official day!

I really like this one and something about the simplicity of if screamed Thank You card to me.

1. It started with a sketch:
 
2. Then I got inspired by that polka dot paper... and things got complicated... not because they needed to be... but because I made it complicated....

3. I cut out the white circle with a circle nestabilities and ran it through my cuttlebug with the Swiss dots embossing folder. Then I put a black ink pad over the white circle to make it the reverse of the black with white polka dot paper. But now did I think oh lets cut everything out with the cuttlebug since I have it out and they will all for sure be the right the size! Nope!!

4. I went over to my SNC and thought ooo lets cut out circles here and I did and they were all the wrong size and didn't match the white circle cuz I didn't measure! So then did I say OK lets just go back to square one and use the Nestie NOPE!!!!

5. I measured the white circle and re-cut the circles on my SNC. Why? I really have no idea!

6. I added the sentiment and glued everything together.

So there you have it my first Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge Design Team post but wait there's more! First off I've created an E-maill for this blog so feel free to send me an E-mail with absolutely any questions you have! Or if Facebook is more your speed feel free to hop on over to the blog Facebook Page! I hope to see many of your on Facebook or in my inbox!  

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS, Sami!!! How exciting! They are going to love having you on the team!

    Great card using the sketch, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled for you, Sami! Congratulations! I know you will do a wonderful job for the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Super cute card with your first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Sami! Looks like a fun, wonderful journey ahead! (and sketch challenges are my absolute favorite, too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! They are certainly lucky to have you on their DT and I know you will create stunning projects...can't wait to see all of them. This card is a beautiful first post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite colours - black and white

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sami, welcome to the team! love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome to the team, Sami!! I thought the sketch screamed "TY CARD!" too, LOL. I love the black and white papers you used here. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my very first DT, also! I enjoyed reading your story...it's fabulous fun and a little crazy pressure as well, isn't it? I love the black and white - your card is classy which is perfect for TY. Know we'll enjoy this adventure and the new friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete