Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Craft Space Tuesday Ribbon

Hello, and Welcome to Craft Space Tuesday!

This weeks episode will be a little short.... I was out of some of the supplies for some of the projects I wanted to do for this post. But I'll talk a little today and maybe revisit this topic later. :) But if you click on the little Pinterest button over on the side you'll be able to see the Pinterest board where I was keeping ideas for this post.

So here's a quick breakdown of the results from the little survey I had posted.

100% of the responses said they enjoyed using ribbon!

The next question I asked was What are your favourite ways to use ribbon? Most people said they liked to use it for accents on cards but I got a few really interesting responses!

http://kimpadan.blogspot.com said she likes to use it around the card fold! I thought that sounded like a great idea!

https://sandcastlestamper.blogspot.com/?m=1 said she likes to use it behind a stamped image! I tend to always put the ribbon in front! So smart to put it on the image!

One thing that Shelly mentioned when she answered this question was that she has a sort of homemade bow easy for tying her bows! I totally want to make myself one of these and I haven't yet! But I'll be sure to share when I do!

I was surprised by how many people said they feel that they used their ribbon! It was by far the majority! Most people who said they didn't use their's left some things that should in the way.

For many people, it seemed that they were just out of ideas to use ribbon and hopefully some of the above suggestions help you out. I 'll give more examples when I revisit this with my ribbon projects.

One person did mention that they sometimes struggle to lay down their ribbon straight... Well, straight is hard for me. The best advice I came give for this is simply to try and push the ribbon up against something that's already flush on the card or use a ruler. I also find that as far as easily adhering the ribbon I like to run it through my xyron.

Alright everyone my internet is acting up again... I'm typing almost 2 sentences ahead of what is showing up on my screen... so I'm going to end this here. Hopefully, I'll see you next week!

As always, Feel free to comment down below, use the new contact form on the side, or Like the My Crafty Place Facebook page to leave suggestions for upcoming Craft Space Tuesday Posts! Any Craft related topic is up for grabs!

No comments:

Post a Comment